Installing Hardwood Floors
Dreaming of a wooden floor with nice long planks. Screwing such requires that you angle the screws right, so that the floor does not crack. We take you through the steps to add a wood floor.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ADD WOOD FLOORS
- Hardwood floors
- rag felt
- cleancut blade
- Circular saw with vacuum
- Tapping block
- Hangover / Bracket
HERE’S HOW TO ADD WOOD FLOORS
- Start by keeping your wooden planks in the indoor temperature of at least seven days before putting the floor.
- Place rag board on the floor. Remember to first make sure that the floor is completely clean.
- If you have a large room so you need to splice the planks? Glue then the joint before you put them together.
- Remember to leave 5 mm clearance to the wall. Add wedges between the boards closest to the walls.
- The angle of the screw is important because otherwise bursting board. Losing a pretty tight angle so you are safe.
- Install screws with 60 centimeters between each.
- Add the next plank and banging them together so that they are close together. Screw.
- Last planks must be split lengthwise and shall be in the same time. Do not forget to measure out for any doorways. Beating the two planks.
- Press both boards simultaneously. Maybe you have to use the hammer and tapping block? The boards will now be screwed to the wall as close as possible so that the screws are hidden by the skirting board.